Sunday 30 November 2008

First word?

So Lola's been making the mamamama and dadadada sounds for a few weeks now. But today, on a few occasions, Lola reached or called out to me and said mama. Paul's absolutely convinced she's aware of what she's saying and considers this her first word, but I'm not so sure.

I need someone to observe it who can give a completely objective standpoint. I shan't be asking my father, as according to him, Lola understands half of the blooming Oxford dictionary. She doesn't, by the way...

5 comments:

Gus said...

Yes she understands the word water as she moves her head forward when I had said the word before, I was saying goodbye to Maxine on the phone and she waved goodbye and when you mention clap she also claps her hand.
She can tell you that she loves you by the way that she kisses you and pat you on your back.
And I think that she said to me the other day How do you do granddad Gus.

PS I think that Katy forgot to say that she also knows the Spanish dictionary.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Gus she is obviously the most intelligent baby! It quite obviously runs in the family!!! Love you Lola fom Aunty Max xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting. She clearly knows what she's saying - clever little thing that she is. I was convinced that her first words would be strictly, come and dancing though xx

Katie said...

Me too Cathy. I'm not sure what happened there - I clearly haven't been exposing her to it enough...

xxx

deepakw3c said...

Thanks for the article. I've been having problem with my computer for awhile now. This really help sort some things out. thank you!
Printer support
Printer Repair
Virus and Security Solution