Wednesday 12 March 2008

Food Glorious Food

One of the things "they" tell you about being a new family is that you'll not have time to cook. Yes, this is true. One answer to this is to, like I did, cook a massive vat of a couple of your favourite foods, and freeze them for use in the first few weeks. This is a great idea, even though I'm sure it wasn't mine originally, but it does mean that you end up with 6 meals worth of Spag Bol and 6 meals worth of Chilli, not exactly a varied menu or diet.

If for whatever reason you don't have time to cook, but don't relish ready meals, instant pasta or Favourite Chicken, try these guys www.cookfood.net

So far since we got home we've had steak and red wine pie, sausage and potato stew, and still have a fish pie, chicken ham and leak pie, a Morrocon lamb curry and various others. Simply take from freezer into oven, cook for 1 hour, add vegs and serve.

If I can only ever offer one piece of useful advice to you, it is this;
Click this link, give it a try, it's had a huge impact on us.

2 comments:

Rowan said...

Oddly enough, I never found this, much to my surprise; it was other household chores I couldn't find the time to get round to.

In fact, when Sam was born, I came out of hospital to find that my mother-in-law had helpfully stocked our freezer with vats of her homemade casseroles and meat sauces, but all I could think of was "never mind wasting your time cooking all this stuff, why didn't you just do the laundry and ironing?"

I am *so* ungrateful :)

Anyway, what you'll find is that as soon as you hit your strike with Lola and get a routine in place (the most essential thing for all babies, imo), you'll be back cooking your own stuff in next to no time. You might be eating at 10pm, mind you ;-)

Rowan said...

that should, have course, read "stride".

you don't strike them until they're at least 6 months.... ;-)