Friday 9 May 2008

On the town

On Friday I went out for the first time since our daughter was born. Hooray!! Lola and I had a very relaxed and indulgent day lazing about at home and it wasn't till the afternoon came and I decided to think about what the hell to wear. She chatted and smiled away at me while I tried on several possible outfits to find that absolutely NONE OF THEM fitted around my boobs. Bollocks. This was the first opportunity to wear whatever I wanted (without the need to breastfeed or consider a massive baby bump) in months - and nothing bloody fitted. Fast forward an hour or two and Paul was on the phone to say that due to a fatality at Charing Cross he was going to be late home. Which meant that I was going to be late leaving. Aaaarrghhh!! At this point I seriously considered sacking the idea off completely and just staying at home and having an early night, but no - I was going to do it. I was going to go out goddamit. So off I trotted to Clerkenwell to the lovely Sam Tring's birthday party. Here he is handcuffed to an inflatable sheep with a big bottle of cider:

and here I am with the gorgeous Cathy, Camellia and Emma - and a jug of Pimms:

I had such a great night. Earlier in the day I'd considered just popping along for a quick one, making my excuses and buggering off home - but as it happened the evening went super fast and I would have happily stayed out till the wee hours. I didn't - and got home at half 12 - a happy medium between the two extremes. Of course I missed Lola terribly, but that just made it all the more special when I finally got home and gave her a sneaky cuddle while she slept.

Thanks Sam for having a great party and getting a new mother out of the house. Wishing you a fabulous birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased you have pictorial evidence that the evening actually took place. I remember nothing past 9. Bloody lovely to see you out, and looking so gorgeous though xx